Room Parent Guidelines
Thank you for volunteering to be a Room Parent!
Room Parent Responsibilities:
Halloween Party (Usually the last Friday in October): This is always on Box tops dress down day. Under the direction of the teacher plan a fun party for the class, organize other parents to help/ supplies to be donated. As oer the schools wellness policy no sweets are allowed at this party.
Valentines Party (February 14th): Plan a fun party for your classroom, Valentine’s Day is the only party that we allow treats (cookies, cupcakes, donuts, etc.)
Grand Event (Usually with the fall book fair): Coordinate with teacher to create activity for class.
Teacher Appreciation (Usually the second week in May): Decorate teacher’s door, coordinate with other parents to come up with something special for your teacher, help remind parents about the week and the daily activities. Coordinate with the parent volunteer over teacher appreciation week.
Field day (usually the day before the last day of school): Each classroom will be asked to provide 2-3 volunteers to help with field day activities, you will stay with your class as they rotate through fun events.
We encourage you to enlist other parents for their support!
- Send out information to parents (through your teacher) most parents are happy to help
- Ask parents to share their unique talents in the classroom: sports, jewelry making, sewing, musical talent, etc.
Treats and Nutrition
- Please be aware of any allergies children in the classroom may have.
- Homemade food items are not allowed in the classroom. Any food items must be packaged.
- Please remember the schools Wellness Policy. Consider offering healthier snacks or small prizes in place of sugary or high fat treats. (Valentine’s Day treats are the only exception).
Monetary and Other Donations for Class Parties
- Each class has been given a budget of $20.00 to use for the year. The receipt needs to be approved and turned into HOPE for reimbursement.
- You may NOT ask parents for monetary donations for the parties.
- Food and supply donations may be brought in.